Watch Dogs is the best-selling Ubisoft launch in history
It looks like the wait for Watch Dogs has ultimately proven to be a good thing for Ubisoft. They have announced that their latest IP scored the biggest launch day sales in Ubisoft's history.
"Today we broke the record for the biggest first day sales in Ubisoft history. I can never say it enough: thank you everyone! We love you all for your passion and your creativity," said Watch Dog's creative director Jonathan Morin.
Ubisoft's CEO Yves Guillemot added, "Watch Dogs is an amazing achievement and our teams should be proud that the creativity, innovation and long hours they invested in making this game are paying off. It's great to see so many customers enjoy playing the game, and it shows that Watch Dogs has cracked the code for developing a new blockbuster IP and a thoroughly new-gen experience."
The volume of sales has overwhelmed Ubisoft somewhat and is probably the reason why they have been experiencing such difficulty in keeping their Uplay servers up and running under the weight of traffic.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto