Watch Dogs is the best-selling Ubisoft launch in history
It looks like the wait for Watch Dogs has ultimately proven to be a good thing for Ubisoft. They have announced that their latest IP scored the biggest launch day sales in Ubisoft's history.
"Today we broke the record for the biggest first day sales in Ubisoft history. I can never say it enough: thank you everyone! We love you all for your passion and your creativity," said Watch Dog's creative director Jonathan Morin.
Ubisoft's CEO Yves Guillemot added, "Watch Dogs is an amazing achievement and our teams should be proud that the creativity, innovation and long hours they invested in making this game are paying off. It's great to see so many customers enjoy playing the game, and it shows that Watch Dogs has cracked the code for developing a new blockbuster IP and a thoroughly new-gen experience."
The volume of sales has overwhelmed Ubisoft somewhat and is probably the reason why they have been experiencing such difficulty in keeping their Uplay servers up and running under the weight of traffic.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today