Watch Dogs PR stunt results in the bomb squad being called
The history of the games industry is littered with PR stunts gone wrong and the launch of Watch Dogs in Australia has now join the list of PR fails.
One games journalist was left in tears after receiving a package which was a safe accompanied by a not that said, “Check your voicemail” amidst lots of blacked-out lines of text.
Once they got the safe open the bomb squad found a copy of Watch Dogs and a handful of promotional items.
Ubisoft is yet to comment on the incident.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year