Watch Dogs PR stunt results in the bomb squad being called
The history of the games industry is littered with PR stunts gone wrong and the launch of Watch Dogs in Australia has now join the list of PR fails.
One games journalist was left in tears after receiving a package which was a safe accompanied by a not that said, “Check your voicemail” amidst lots of blacked-out lines of text.
Once they got the safe open the bomb squad found a copy of Watch Dogs and a handful of promotional items.
Ubisoft is yet to comment on the incident.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes