Watch Dogs PR stunt results in the bomb squad being called
The history of the games industry is littered with PR stunts gone wrong and the launch of Watch Dogs in Australia has now join the list of PR fails.
One games journalist was left in tears after receiving a package which was a safe accompanied by a not that said, “Check your voicemail” amidst lots of blacked-out lines of text.
Once they got the safe open the bomb squad found a copy of Watch Dogs and a handful of promotional items.
Ubisoft is yet to comment on the incident.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3