Watch Dogs PR stunt results in the bomb squad being called
The history of the games industry is littered with PR stunts gone wrong and the launch of Watch Dogs in Australia has now join the list of PR fails.
One games journalist was left in tears after receiving a package which was a safe accompanied by a not that said, “Check your voicemail” amidst lots of blacked-out lines of text.
Once they got the safe open the bomb squad found a copy of Watch Dogs and a handful of promotional items.
Ubisoft is yet to comment on the incident.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet