Watch Dogs PR stunt results in the bomb squad being called
The history of the games industry is littered with PR stunts gone wrong and the launch of Watch Dogs in Australia has now join the list of PR fails.
One games journalist was left in tears after receiving a package which was a safe accompanied by a not that said, “Check your voicemail” amidst lots of blacked-out lines of text.
Once they got the safe open the bomb squad found a copy of Watch Dogs and a handful of promotional items.
Ubisoft is yet to comment on the incident.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users