Call Of Duty: Ghosts' third expansion Invasion gets a release date on Xbox
Activision has announced a release date for the penultimate pack of downloadable content for Call Of Duty: Ghosts for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Invasion will bring another selection of competitive multiplayer maps, new weaponry and a third scenario for the alien battling Extinction mode called Awakening.
The competitive maps included are all small to medium in size designed with the fast pace of Call Of Duty multiplayer in mind. Departed is set in a rural Mexican town during the Day of The Dead festival adding a bright splash of colour to multiplayer matches.
Next up is Pharaoh a map set in an archaeological dig site of an Egyptian palace. It's on multiple leves and is overseen my a massive statue of the Egyptian half-man/half-jackal god Anubis. Mutiny is set in a remote pirate hideout deep in the Caribbean. It has a field order that when completed will release two ghostly pirate warriors to fight by your side.
The final map Favela is a reworking of the popular Modern Warfare 2 map of the same name set in a Brazilian hillside shanty town. Infinity Ward has introduced a field order for thios map that calls in a massive Y-8 Gunship to shower the map with a barrage of 105mm, 40mm and 25mm shells.
Awakening is the third part in the four-part narrative campaign for Extinction mode. After clearing out an infested derelict ship in the South Pacific the team heads to the Cryptid's subterranean lair on an alien planet and take them down on their own territory with a new range of hi-tech weaponry.
Invasion will hit Xbox Live for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on June the 3rd. The PC and PlayStation release date has yet to be announced.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch