Watch Dogs PC Uplay launch issues spilling over onto other platforms and titles
It appears that the issues that gamers are experiencing with Uplay due to the rocky PC launch of Watch Dogs aren't limited to the PC or Watch Dogs.
In fact, gamers are reporting issues with connecting to Uplay on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Microsoft even went so far as to issue an Xbox Live status update warning of issues with several Ubisoft titles. The list includes Trials Fusion, Assassin's Creed IV and Child Of Light on top of the Ubisoft's new problem child Watch Dogs.
Microsoft thanked Xbox users for their patience saying, "Hi Xbox members, are you having trouble using the Uplay feature on games like Watch Dogs, Trials Fusion, Child of Light, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag? We are working with our partner to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. We'll update you on our progress as soon as we have more information."
PS4 gamers are also reporting issues with connecting to Uplay to play Watch Dogs. According to Ubisoft's Watch Dogs feed on Twitter they carried out maintenance on their servers for matchmaking on PC, PS4 and PS3 around 11.30am EST.
They stated, “We'll be performing maintenance on our servers that will affect multiplayer matchmaking on PS3, PS4 and PC. Maintenance will be at 11:30AM EST and should last for about 30 minutes. We'll update you when it's over”. This maintenance was completed just over half an hour ago at the time of writing.
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back