Watch Dogs PC Uplay launch issues spilling over onto other platforms and titles
It appears that the issues that gamers are experiencing with Uplay due to the rocky PC launch of Watch Dogs aren't limited to the PC or Watch Dogs.
In fact, gamers are reporting issues with connecting to Uplay on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Microsoft even went so far as to issue an Xbox Live status update warning of issues with several Ubisoft titles. The list includes Trials Fusion, Assassin's Creed IV and Child Of Light on top of the Ubisoft's new problem child Watch Dogs.
Microsoft thanked Xbox users for their patience saying, "Hi Xbox members, are you having trouble using the Uplay feature on games like Watch Dogs, Trials Fusion, Child of Light, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag? We are working with our partner to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. We'll update you on our progress as soon as we have more information."
PS4 gamers are also reporting issues with connecting to Uplay to play Watch Dogs. According to Ubisoft's Watch Dogs feed on Twitter they carried out maintenance on their servers for matchmaking on PC, PS4 and PS3 around 11.30am EST.
They stated, “We'll be performing maintenance on our servers that will affect multiplayer matchmaking on PS3, PS4 and PC. Maintenance will be at 11:30AM EST and should last for about 30 minutes. We'll update you when it's over”. This maintenance was completed just over half an hour ago at the time of writing.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light