Watch Dogs PC Uplay launch issues spilling over onto other platforms and titles
It appears that the issues that gamers are experiencing with Uplay due to the rocky PC launch of Watch Dogs aren't limited to the PC or Watch Dogs.
In fact, gamers are reporting issues with connecting to Uplay on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Microsoft even went so far as to issue an Xbox Live status update warning of issues with several Ubisoft titles. The list includes Trials Fusion, Assassin's Creed IV and Child Of Light on top of the Ubisoft's new problem child Watch Dogs.
Microsoft thanked Xbox users for their patience saying, "Hi Xbox members, are you having trouble using the Uplay feature on games like Watch Dogs, Trials Fusion, Child of Light, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag? We are working with our partner to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. We'll update you on our progress as soon as we have more information."
PS4 gamers are also reporting issues with connecting to Uplay to play Watch Dogs. According to Ubisoft's Watch Dogs feed on Twitter they carried out maintenance on their servers for matchmaking on PC, PS4 and PS3 around 11.30am EST.
They stated, “We'll be performing maintenance on our servers that will affect multiplayer matchmaking on PS3, PS4 and PC. Maintenance will be at 11:30AM EST and should last for about 30 minutes. We'll update you when it's over”. This maintenance was completed just over half an hour ago at the time of writing.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer