Infinity Ward confirms Call Of Duty: Ghosts will run at 720p on the Xbox One
Infinity Ward has confirmed the rumours that Call Of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p on the Xbox One.
The Xbox One upscales all of its outputs to 1080p but with Call Of Duty: Ghosts the starting resolution is 720p, the same as it is on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
The PS4 will run Call Of Duty: Ghosts at a native 1080p. Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin explained on Twitter, “Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4."
“We optimized each console to hit 60fps and the game looks great on both,” he added. “Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.”
Not to worry though. We've played Call Of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox One and it does look pretty good and runs exceptionally smoothly.
Battlefield 4 does suffer similar optimization issues and as a result it runs at 900p on the PS4 and 720p on the Xbox One.
It's also worth nothing that while the PS4 seems to have the hardware advantage just now reports coming out of developers seem to indicate that the difference is more of a case of the Xbox One being more awkward to code for just now.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent