Infinity Ward confirms Call Of Duty: Ghosts will run at 720p on the Xbox One
Infinity Ward has confirmed the rumours that Call Of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p on the Xbox One.
The Xbox One upscales all of its outputs to 1080p but with Call Of Duty: Ghosts the starting resolution is 720p, the same as it is on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
The PS4 will run Call Of Duty: Ghosts at a native 1080p. Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin explained on Twitter, “Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4."
“We optimized each console to hit 60fps and the game looks great on both,” he added. “Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.”
Not to worry though. We've played Call Of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox One and it does look pretty good and runs exceptionally smoothly.
Battlefield 4 does suffer similar optimization issues and as a result it runs at 900p on the PS4 and 720p on the Xbox One.
It's also worth nothing that while the PS4 seems to have the hardware advantage just now reports coming out of developers seem to indicate that the difference is more of a case of the Xbox One being more awkward to code for just now.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though