Apple unveils their new games-oriented iOS graphics tech Metal
This week Apple revealed to the world Metal, their brand new graphics tech for iPhone and iPad.
Metal is designed to make much more efficient use of the processing power available in Apple's mobile devices allowing them to play host to much more graphically-rich experiences.
They revealed that some of the big names in video games graphics have been working with Crytek, Epic and Unity all working with the new Metal technology. Epic's founder Tim Sweeney even presented a demo of the Unreal Engine 4 running live on the latest Apple mobile hardware during Apple's WWDC presentation yesterday.
PopCap's latest game Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare also featured during the show. Metal will be coming to iPhone and iPad as part of the iOS 8 update which is due to release in the autumn.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015