Apple unveils their new games-oriented iOS graphics tech Metal
This week Apple revealed to the world Metal, their brand new graphics tech for iPhone and iPad.
Metal is designed to make much more efficient use of the processing power available in Apple's mobile devices allowing them to play host to much more graphically-rich experiences.
They revealed that some of the big names in video games graphics have been working with Crytek, Epic and Unity all working with the new Metal technology. Epic's founder Tim Sweeney even presented a demo of the Unreal Engine 4 running live on the latest Apple mobile hardware during Apple's WWDC presentation yesterday.
PopCap's latest game Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare also featured during the show. Metal will be coming to iPhone and iPad as part of the iOS 8 update which is due to release in the autumn.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May