Apple unveils their new games-oriented iOS graphics tech Metal
This week Apple revealed to the world Metal, their brand new graphics tech for iPhone and iPad.
Metal is designed to make much more efficient use of the processing power available in Apple's mobile devices allowing them to play host to much more graphically-rich experiences.
They revealed that some of the big names in video games graphics have been working with Crytek, Epic and Unity all working with the new Metal technology. Epic's founder Tim Sweeney even presented a demo of the Unreal Engine 4 running live on the latest Apple mobile hardware during Apple's WWDC presentation yesterday.
PopCap's latest game Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare also featured during the show. Metal will be coming to iPhone and iPad as part of the iOS 8 update which is due to release in the autumn.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit