Apple unveils their new games-oriented iOS graphics tech Metal
This week Apple revealed to the world Metal, their brand new graphics tech for iPhone and iPad.
Metal is designed to make much more efficient use of the processing power available in Apple's mobile devices allowing them to play host to much more graphically-rich experiences.
They revealed that some of the big names in video games graphics have been working with Crytek, Epic and Unity all working with the new Metal technology. Epic's founder Tim Sweeney even presented a demo of the Unreal Engine 4 running live on the latest Apple mobile hardware during Apple's WWDC presentation yesterday.
PopCap's latest game Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare also featured during the show. Metal will be coming to iPhone and iPad as part of the iOS 8 update which is due to release in the autumn.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone