Apple unveils their new games-oriented iOS graphics tech Metal
This week Apple revealed to the world Metal, their brand new graphics tech for iPhone and iPad.
Metal is designed to make much more efficient use of the processing power available in Apple's mobile devices allowing them to play host to much more graphically-rich experiences.
They revealed that some of the big names in video games graphics have been working with Crytek, Epic and Unity all working with the new Metal technology. Epic's founder Tim Sweeney even presented a demo of the Unreal Engine 4 running live on the latest Apple mobile hardware during Apple's WWDC presentation yesterday.
PopCap's latest game Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare also featured during the show. Metal will be coming to iPhone and iPad as part of the iOS 8 update which is due to release in the autumn.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine