N-Gage re-launch official
The re-launch of Nokia's N-Gage gaming platform begins today, the Finnish mobile giant revealing that the mobile game service will kick-off with FIFA 08, Asphalt 3: Street Rules and Hooked On: Creatures, among other titles launching.
Firms such as EA Mobile and Gameloft have been enlisted to provide content, as well as Nokia having crafted new titles in-house.
Unlike the original 'gamedeck', N-Gage is now the name of a general gaming platform, which will function with a number of Nokia handsets.
Online play, games on-demand, and social features are all promised, and Nokia will even back a number of tournaments and the like.
"With N-Gage we’re offering a seamless experience for people around the world to play games that are engaging, accessible and have wide appeal," offered Jaakko Kaidesoja, vice president of games, Nokia. "We’re very excited to get this into the hands of our customers, because with them we will shape the future of mobile gaming."
Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, and Nokia N95 8GB handsets are supported from the outset.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release