N-Gage re-launch official
The re-launch of Nokia's N-Gage gaming platform begins today, the Finnish mobile giant revealing that the mobile game service will kick-off with FIFA 08, Asphalt 3: Street Rules and Hooked On: Creatures, among other titles launching.
Firms such as EA Mobile and Gameloft have been enlisted to provide content, as well as Nokia having crafted new titles in-house.
Unlike the original 'gamedeck', N-Gage is now the name of a general gaming platform, which will function with a number of Nokia handsets.
Online play, games on-demand, and social features are all promised, and Nokia will even back a number of tournaments and the like.
"With N-Gage we’re offering a seamless experience for people around the world to play games that are engaging, accessible and have wide appeal," offered Jaakko Kaidesoja, vice president of games, Nokia. "We’re very excited to get this into the hands of our customers, because with them we will shape the future of mobile gaming."
Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, and Nokia N95 8GB handsets are supported from the outset.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch