N-Gage re-launch official
The re-launch of Nokia's N-Gage gaming platform begins today, the Finnish mobile giant revealing that the mobile game service will kick-off with FIFA 08, Asphalt 3: Street Rules and Hooked On: Creatures, among other titles launching.
Firms such as EA Mobile and Gameloft have been enlisted to provide content, as well as Nokia having crafted new titles in-house.
Unlike the original 'gamedeck', N-Gage is now the name of a general gaming platform, which will function with a number of Nokia handsets.
Online play, games on-demand, and social features are all promised, and Nokia will even back a number of tournaments and the like.
"With N-Gage we’re offering a seamless experience for people around the world to play games that are engaging, accessible and have wide appeal," offered Jaakko Kaidesoja, vice president of games, Nokia. "We’re very excited to get this into the hands of our customers, because with them we will shape the future of mobile gaming."
Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, and Nokia N95 8GB handsets are supported from the outset.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave