N-Gage re-launch official
The re-launch of Nokia's N-Gage gaming platform begins today, the Finnish mobile giant revealing that the mobile game service will kick-off with FIFA 08, Asphalt 3: Street Rules and Hooked On: Creatures, among other titles launching.
Firms such as EA Mobile and Gameloft have been enlisted to provide content, as well as Nokia having crafted new titles in-house.
Unlike the original 'gamedeck', N-Gage is now the name of a general gaming platform, which will function with a number of Nokia handsets.
Online play, games on-demand, and social features are all promised, and Nokia will even back a number of tournaments and the like.
"With N-Gage we’re offering a seamless experience for people around the world to play games that are engaging, accessible and have wide appeal," offered Jaakko Kaidesoja, vice president of games, Nokia. "We’re very excited to get this into the hands of our customers, because with them we will shape the future of mobile gaming."
Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, and Nokia N95 8GB handsets are supported from the outset.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date