N-Gage re-launch official
The re-launch of Nokia's N-Gage gaming platform begins today, the Finnish mobile giant revealing that the mobile game service will kick-off with FIFA 08, Asphalt 3: Street Rules and Hooked On: Creatures, among other titles launching.
Firms such as EA Mobile and Gameloft have been enlisted to provide content, as well as Nokia having crafted new titles in-house.
Unlike the original 'gamedeck', N-Gage is now the name of a general gaming platform, which will function with a number of Nokia handsets.
Online play, games on-demand, and social features are all promised, and Nokia will even back a number of tournaments and the like.
"With N-Gage we’re offering a seamless experience for people around the world to play games that are engaging, accessible and have wide appeal," offered Jaakko Kaidesoja, vice president of games, Nokia. "We’re very excited to get this into the hands of our customers, because with them we will shape the future of mobile gaming."
Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, and Nokia N95 8GB handsets are supported from the outset.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto