Twitter industry insider states next-gen Red Dead is in development
One of several 'industry insiders' on Twitter, Shinobi602, has stated that there is a new Red Dead game in development at Rockstar.
To be honest, after Red Dead redemption sold 13 million copies on the PS3 and Xbox 360 it's pretty much a no-brainer that Rockstar would be making another Red Dead game especially seeing as Strauss Zelnick CEO of their parent company Take-Two recently described the franchise as a “permanent” one in their portfolio.
Shinobi602 stated in response to a question on the possibility of a Red Dead sequel being in development, “Yes there is.” He also quickly pointed out that an E3 reveal was pretty much out of the question as “Rockstar never debuts their games at E3.”
Rockstar does, however, have a mystery next-gen release planned for this year. It's probably going to be the widely-rumoured next-gen version of Grand Theft Auto V but there's always room for a surprise when Rockstar is concerned.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching