Twitter industry insider states next-gen Red Dead is in development
One of several 'industry insiders' on Twitter, Shinobi602, has stated that there is a new Red Dead game in development at Rockstar.
To be honest, after Red Dead redemption sold 13 million copies on the PS3 and Xbox 360 it's pretty much a no-brainer that Rockstar would be making another Red Dead game especially seeing as Strauss Zelnick CEO of their parent company Take-Two recently described the franchise as a “permanent” one in their portfolio.
Shinobi602 stated in response to a question on the possibility of a Red Dead sequel being in development, “Yes there is.” He also quickly pointed out that an E3 reveal was pretty much out of the question as “Rockstar never debuts their games at E3.”
Rockstar does, however, have a mystery next-gen release planned for this year. It's probably going to be the widely-rumoured next-gen version of Grand Theft Auto V but there's always room for a surprise when Rockstar is concerned.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter