Twitter industry insider states next-gen Red Dead is in development
One of several 'industry insiders' on Twitter, Shinobi602, has stated that there is a new Red Dead game in development at Rockstar.
To be honest, after Red Dead redemption sold 13 million copies on the PS3 and Xbox 360 it's pretty much a no-brainer that Rockstar would be making another Red Dead game especially seeing as Strauss Zelnick CEO of their parent company Take-Two recently described the franchise as a “permanent” one in their portfolio.
Shinobi602 stated in response to a question on the possibility of a Red Dead sequel being in development, “Yes there is.” He also quickly pointed out that an E3 reveal was pretty much out of the question as “Rockstar never debuts their games at E3.”
Rockstar does, however, have a mystery next-gen release planned for this year. It's probably going to be the widely-rumoured next-gen version of Grand Theft Auto V but there's always room for a surprise when Rockstar is concerned.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive