Twitter industry insider states next-gen Red Dead is in development
One of several 'industry insiders' on Twitter, Shinobi602, has stated that there is a new Red Dead game in development at Rockstar.
To be honest, after Red Dead redemption sold 13 million copies on the PS3 and Xbox 360 it's pretty much a no-brainer that Rockstar would be making another Red Dead game especially seeing as Strauss Zelnick CEO of their parent company Take-Two recently described the franchise as a “permanent” one in their portfolio.
Shinobi602 stated in response to a question on the possibility of a Red Dead sequel being in development, “Yes there is.” He also quickly pointed out that an E3 reveal was pretty much out of the question as “Rockstar never debuts their games at E3.”
Rockstar does, however, have a mystery next-gen release planned for this year. It's probably going to be the widely-rumoured next-gen version of Grand Theft Auto V but there's always room for a surprise when Rockstar is concerned.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III