Crytek unveils Homefront: The Revolution
Crytek has finally unveiled their immediate plans for the Homefront series, chiefly the next game.
Homefront: The Revolution will be set in Philadelphia. The city of Brotherly Love has become a police state held firmly in an iron grasp by the North Koreans. With a history as home of the original American Revolution Philadelphia becomes the home to a second revolution to rid the US of the brutal North Korean forces. The game will invirte players to engage in guerilla warfare, using ambush, infiltration and hit-and-run tactics to take the on superior North Korean forces.
Crytek has created a sprawling city crammed with unscripted firefights and budding revolutionaries to help with the cause. Hasit Zala, the game's director said, "Homefront: The Revolution stands out from the crowd by immersing players in a world where they'll feel emotionally compelled to fight for their freedom. We're very excited to work with Deep Silver and deliver an experience that underlines Crytek's commitment to quality whilst tapping into the huge potential we saw when we first acquired the Homefront IP."
Homefront: The Revolution is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and will be released some time in 2015. It will be published by Deep Silver.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3