Crytek unveils Homefront: The Revolution
Crytek has finally unveiled their immediate plans for the Homefront series, chiefly the next game.
Homefront: The Revolution will be set in Philadelphia. The city of Brotherly Love has become a police state held firmly in an iron grasp by the North Koreans. With a history as home of the original American Revolution Philadelphia becomes the home to a second revolution to rid the US of the brutal North Korean forces. The game will invirte players to engage in guerilla warfare, using ambush, infiltration and hit-and-run tactics to take the on superior North Korean forces.
Crytek has created a sprawling city crammed with unscripted firefights and budding revolutionaries to help with the cause. Hasit Zala, the game's director said, "Homefront: The Revolution stands out from the crowd by immersing players in a world where they'll feel emotionally compelled to fight for their freedom. We're very excited to work with Deep Silver and deliver an experience that underlines Crytek's commitment to quality whilst tapping into the huge potential we saw when we first acquired the Homefront IP."
Homefront: The Revolution is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and will be released some time in 2015. It will be published by Deep Silver.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan