Crytek unveils Homefront: The Revolution
Crytek has finally unveiled their immediate plans for the Homefront series, chiefly the next game.
Homefront: The Revolution will be set in Philadelphia. The city of Brotherly Love has become a police state held firmly in an iron grasp by the North Koreans. With a history as home of the original American Revolution Philadelphia becomes the home to a second revolution to rid the US of the brutal North Korean forces. The game will invirte players to engage in guerilla warfare, using ambush, infiltration and hit-and-run tactics to take the on superior North Korean forces.
Crytek has created a sprawling city crammed with unscripted firefights and budding revolutionaries to help with the cause. Hasit Zala, the game's director said, "Homefront: The Revolution stands out from the crowd by immersing players in a world where they'll feel emotionally compelled to fight for their freedom. We're very excited to work with Deep Silver and deliver an experience that underlines Crytek's commitment to quality whilst tapping into the huge potential we saw when we first acquired the Homefront IP."
Homefront: The Revolution is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and will be released some time in 2015. It will be published by Deep Silver.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter