Stormfront Studios closing down
Game developer Stormfront Studios, who have a twenty year pedigree of creating interactive entertainment, have today announced their closure.
Rumours abound online this week, were confirmed by a Stormfront rep to Next-Gen.Biz.
The studio was reportedly forced to close after failing to secure a new development project. 33 employees will be laid-off as part of the closure, the team being informed on Monday.
"Frankly, we didn't get pitched, and the project [we were working on] made no revenue… The economy is such that the projects that we weren't winning, ended," the rep commented.
Stormfront recently developed The Spiderwick Chronicles as well as Eragon.
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015