Stormfront Studios closing down
Game developer Stormfront Studios, who have a twenty year pedigree of creating interactive entertainment, have today announced their closure.
Rumours abound online this week, were confirmed by a Stormfront rep to Next-Gen.Biz.
The studio was reportedly forced to close after failing to secure a new development project. 33 employees will be laid-off as part of the closure, the team being informed on Monday.
"Frankly, we didn't get pitched, and the project [we were working on] made no revenue… The economy is such that the projects that we weren't winning, ended," the rep commented.
Stormfront recently developed The Spiderwick Chronicles as well as Eragon.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today