Stormfront Studios closing down
Game developer Stormfront Studios, who have a twenty year pedigree of creating interactive entertainment, have today announced their closure.
Rumours abound online this week, were confirmed by a Stormfront rep to Next-Gen.Biz.
The studio was reportedly forced to close after failing to secure a new development project. 33 employees will be laid-off as part of the closure, the team being informed on Monday.
"Frankly, we didn't get pitched, and the project [we were working on] made no revenue… The economy is such that the projects that we weren't winning, ended," the rep commented.
Stormfront recently developed The Spiderwick Chronicles as well as Eragon.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May