Stormfront Studios closing down
Game developer Stormfront Studios, who have a twenty year pedigree of creating interactive entertainment, have today announced their closure.
Rumours abound online this week, were confirmed by a Stormfront rep to Next-Gen.Biz.
The studio was reportedly forced to close after failing to secure a new development project. 33 employees will be laid-off as part of the closure, the team being informed on Monday.
"Frankly, we didn't get pitched, and the project [we were working on] made no revenue… The economy is such that the projects that we weren't winning, ended," the rep commented.
Stormfront recently developed The Spiderwick Chronicles as well as Eragon.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released