Stormfront Studios closing down
Game developer Stormfront Studios, who have a twenty year pedigree of creating interactive entertainment, have today announced their closure.
Rumours abound online this week, were confirmed by a Stormfront rep to Next-Gen.Biz.
The studio was reportedly forced to close after failing to secure a new development project. 33 employees will be laid-off as part of the closure, the team being informed on Monday.
"Frankly, we didn't get pitched, and the project [we were working on] made no revenue… The economy is such that the projects that we weren't winning, ended," the rep commented.
Stormfront recently developed The Spiderwick Chronicles as well as Eragon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3