Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes due out early next year
Konami has announced a release window for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes as well as explaining how it relates to MGS V: The Phantom Pain.
Ground Zeroes will offer up a prologue and an introduction to the new experience Hideo Kojima has brought to life in The Phantom Pain. Hideo Kojima stressed that the new FOX Engine has allowed him and his team at Kojima Productions to create a completely new experience and they decided to ease fans into it by releasing Ground Zeroes first.
He explained, “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is due for release on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 in the spring of 2014. Boxed PS3 and Xbox 260 versions and digital PS4 and Xbox One versions will come in at 29.99 GBP and the digital PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will sell for 19.99 GBP.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title