Nintendo unveils a GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U
Nintendo has paid service to the most hardcore of Super Smash Bros fans by unveiling a GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U. This will allow fans of their quirky brawler series to hook up their GameCube controllers and play like they used to on Super Smash Bros Melee.
There's not many other details that we know about the new adapter as it has only really featured briefly at the end of the new trailer for the Super Smash Bros Invitational tournament that they have scheduled to take place on the show floor at this year's E3. It does feature four sockets though allowing up to four players to connect and join in the fun.
The Super Smash Bros Invitational is part of numerous festivities that Nintendo has planned for E3 although they won't be hosting a huge press conference like the other big platform holders and publishers. They will be hosting a special Nintendo Direct-style webcast to make their big announcements for the rest of the year.
Super Smash Bros is due out later this year on both the Wii U and 3DS. Both will support NFC enabled toys and Nintendo has planned some kind of cross-compatibility between the two versions.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto