Still pot luck as to whether PC Watch Dogs owners can actually log on to Uplay and play the game
Well, it's two days on and it seems that PC gamers are still having trouble getting online via Uplay so they can play Watch Dogs.
Some players are reporting on Twitter that they's re still unable to log on to Uplay in order to play Watch Dogs. By way of confirmation we had to wait until around 11.30pm BST last night in order to get our first taste of the game on PC.
Ubisoft stated on their official support Twitter feed, “We’re continuing to see improvement in our online services, however intermittent issues remain. We're working to resolve this, stay tuned.”
This is the worst PC launch snafu since EA's bungled SimCity launch at the beginning of 2013. That resulted in EA giving away free copies of some of their big-sellers to cheer disgruntled fans. They'll need to identify the issues and fix them quickly otherwise the problems will be even worse when The Crew launches later this year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year