Still pot luck as to whether PC Watch Dogs owners can actually log on to Uplay and play the game
Well, it's two days on and it seems that PC gamers are still having trouble getting online via Uplay so they can play Watch Dogs.
Some players are reporting on Twitter that they's re still unable to log on to Uplay in order to play Watch Dogs. By way of confirmation we had to wait until around 11.30pm BST last night in order to get our first taste of the game on PC.
Ubisoft stated on their official support Twitter feed, “We’re continuing to see improvement in our online services, however intermittent issues remain. We're working to resolve this, stay tuned.”
This is the worst PC launch snafu since EA's bungled SimCity launch at the beginning of 2013. That resulted in EA giving away free copies of some of their big-sellers to cheer disgruntled fans. They'll need to identify the issues and fix them quickly otherwise the problems will be even worse when The Crew launches later this year.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015