Ubi get new Everquest Games
Ubi Soft confirmed today that they have acquired the publishing rights for Lords of Everquest and Everquest 2 in Europe. The two hotly anticipated titles will be released in Winter 2003/4.
Lords of Everquest is the popular RPGs first foray into real-time strategy territory, and is being developed by Rapid Eye Entertainment. Meanwhile Sony Online are beavering away on the first full Everquest sequel, which is sure to be a massive success with MMORPG fans.
"Sony Online Entertainment's brands continue to grow around the world and Ubi Soft will bring our games to the European market by offering EverQuest II and Lords of EverQuest in addition to EverQuest and PlanetSide," enthused Sony Online Prez John Smedley. "Ubi Soft's expertise in the European region will be instrumental to the international success of the next generation of EverQuest titles."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network