Super Smash Bros to utilise NFC on the Wii U and 3DS
Super Smash Bros is to make use of the new NFC adapter for the 3DS and the NFC capabilities of the Wii U in conjunction with their newly announced NFC toy range.
Nintendo France boss Stephan Bole revealed their plans for NFC to the French newspaper Le Figaro saying, "E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology in Nintendo consoles. The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros."
Satoru Iwata explained their NFC plans earlier this year, "What is especially unique about NFP is that it is not classed as an accessory product of a certain software title but as a platform itself. In other words, the figurines, which consumers can buy and collect, are going to work with multiple software titles to be released in the future, and we are aiming to develop more software titles compatible with the figurines."
Super Smash Bros will be playable on the show floor at E3 and Nintendo will be hosting a tournament at the show. It is due for release on Wii U and 3DS later this year.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year