Super Smash Bros to utilise NFC on the Wii U and 3DS
Super Smash Bros is to make use of the new NFC adapter for the 3DS and the NFC capabilities of the Wii U in conjunction with their newly announced NFC toy range.
Nintendo France boss Stephan Bole revealed their plans for NFC to the French newspaper Le Figaro saying, "E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology in Nintendo consoles. The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros."
Satoru Iwata explained their NFC plans earlier this year, "What is especially unique about NFP is that it is not classed as an accessory product of a certain software title but as a platform itself. In other words, the figurines, which consumers can buy and collect, are going to work with multiple software titles to be released in the future, and we are aiming to develop more software titles compatible with the figurines."
Super Smash Bros will be playable on the show floor at E3 and Nintendo will be hosting a tournament at the show. It is due for release on Wii U and 3DS later this year.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update