Super Smash Bros to utilise NFC on the Wii U and 3DS
Super Smash Bros is to make use of the new NFC adapter for the 3DS and the NFC capabilities of the Wii U in conjunction with their newly announced NFC toy range.
Nintendo France boss Stephan Bole revealed their plans for NFC to the French newspaper Le Figaro saying, "E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology in Nintendo consoles. The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros."
Satoru Iwata explained their NFC plans earlier this year, "What is especially unique about NFP is that it is not classed as an accessory product of a certain software title but as a platform itself. In other words, the figurines, which consumers can buy and collect, are going to work with multiple software titles to be released in the future, and we are aiming to develop more software titles compatible with the figurines."
Super Smash Bros will be playable on the show floor at E3 and Nintendo will be hosting a tournament at the show. It is due for release on Wii U and 3DS later this year.
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings