Super Smash Bros to utilise NFC on the Wii U and 3DS
Super Smash Bros is to make use of the new NFC adapter for the 3DS and the NFC capabilities of the Wii U in conjunction with their newly announced NFC toy range.
Nintendo France boss Stephan Bole revealed their plans for NFC to the French newspaper Le Figaro saying, "E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology in Nintendo consoles. The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros."
Satoru Iwata explained their NFC plans earlier this year, "What is especially unique about NFP is that it is not classed as an accessory product of a certain software title but as a platform itself. In other words, the figurines, which consumers can buy and collect, are going to work with multiple software titles to be released in the future, and we are aiming to develop more software titles compatible with the figurines."
Super Smash Bros will be playable on the show floor at E3 and Nintendo will be hosting a tournament at the show. It is due for release on Wii U and 3DS later this year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year