Super Smash Bros to utilise NFC on the Wii U and 3DS
Super Smash Bros is to make use of the new NFC adapter for the 3DS and the NFC capabilities of the Wii U in conjunction with their newly announced NFC toy range.
Nintendo France boss Stephan Bole revealed their plans for NFC to the French newspaper Le Figaro saying, "E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology in Nintendo consoles. The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros."
Satoru Iwata explained their NFC plans earlier this year, "What is especially unique about NFP is that it is not classed as an accessory product of a certain software title but as a platform itself. In other words, the figurines, which consumers can buy and collect, are going to work with multiple software titles to be released in the future, and we are aiming to develop more software titles compatible with the figurines."
Super Smash Bros will be playable on the show floor at E3 and Nintendo will be hosting a tournament at the show. It is due for release on Wii U and 3DS later this year.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes