YouTube reportedly making a swoop to buy Twitch
A new report has emerged indicating that YouTube are preparing to announce their acquisition of popular game streaming service Twitch.tv.
Twitch has been growing steadily since it was founded by Justin Kan and Emmet Shear back in 2011 and it now forms the backbone of the live gameplay streaming services offered by the PS4 and Xbox One.
Sources close to the deal have indicated that acquiring Twitch will cost YouTube owners Google over 1 billion USD.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today