IP retention the main reason for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac has emphasised their reasons for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive.
Developers retaining their own IP is always a contentious issue and with a studio as storied and experience as Insomniac maintaining control over their own creations is a big deal.
The studio explained on Twitter, "Wasn't about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us. Retaining our IP is always our number one concern. Microsoft is funding and publishing the game and believes in the idea."
Sunset Overdrive is believed to be aiming for an autumn release and it is listed as a Japanese launch title for the Xbox One.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light