IP retention the main reason for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac has emphasised their reasons for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive.
Developers retaining their own IP is always a contentious issue and with a studio as storied and experience as Insomniac maintaining control over their own creations is a big deal.
The studio explained on Twitter, "Wasn't about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us. Retaining our IP is always our number one concern. Microsoft is funding and publishing the game and believes in the idea."
Sunset Overdrive is believed to be aiming for an autumn release and it is listed as a Japanese launch title for the Xbox One.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto