IP retention the main reason for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac has emphasised their reasons for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive.
Developers retaining their own IP is always a contentious issue and with a studio as storied and experience as Insomniac maintaining control over their own creations is a big deal.
The studio explained on Twitter, "Wasn't about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us. Retaining our IP is always our number one concern. Microsoft is funding and publishing the game and believes in the idea."
Sunset Overdrive is believed to be aiming for an autumn release and it is listed as a Japanese launch title for the Xbox One.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine