IP retention the main reason for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac has emphasised their reasons for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive.
Developers retaining their own IP is always a contentious issue and with a studio as storied and experience as Insomniac maintaining control over their own creations is a big deal.
The studio explained on Twitter, "Wasn't about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us. Retaining our IP is always our number one concern. Microsoft is funding and publishing the game and believes in the idea."
Sunset Overdrive is believed to be aiming for an autumn release and it is listed as a Japanese launch title for the Xbox One.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO