IP retention the main reason for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac has emphasised their reasons for Sunset Overdrive being an Xbox One exclusive.
Developers retaining their own IP is always a contentious issue and with a studio as storied and experience as Insomniac maintaining control over their own creations is a big deal.
The studio explained on Twitter, "Wasn't about money, was about our controlling and owning the IP, and their belief and desire to execute our vision with us. Retaining our IP is always our number one concern. Microsoft is funding and publishing the game and believes in the idea."
Sunset Overdrive is believed to be aiming for an autumn release and it is listed as a Japanese launch title for the Xbox One.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year