50 EA games fall foul of the GameSpy closure
EA has announced that around 50 of their titles will loose their online multiplayer support due to the closure of GameSpy.
The list includes several titles that are still popular and will hit PC gamers the hardest taking down the servers of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Red Alert 3, Command & Conquer: Generals, Crysis and Crysis 2.
All of these games will go offline on June the 30th. The full list of titles is available on the EA support website.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release