50 EA games fall foul of the GameSpy closure
EA has announced that around 50 of their titles will loose their online multiplayer support due to the closure of GameSpy.
The list includes several titles that are still popular and will hit PC gamers the hardest taking down the servers of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Red Alert 3, Command & Conquer: Generals, Crysis and Crysis 2.
All of these games will go offline on June the 30th. The full list of titles is available on the EA support website.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016