Formerly buoyant UK developer Argonaut have issued a series of depressing statements today. The main problems for the developer arise from Vivendi cancelling it's support of alternative platform adventure Malice, and termination of another planned VUG project 'Orchid'.
Argonaut are now seeking an alternative publisher for Malice so they can get that out of the door, whilst the further investment required to make Orchid the game they hoped is not forthcoming.
Add to these woes news that Microsoft do not require a sequel to the fun but flop Kung Fu Chaos, and it's a depressing time for the UK developer. Other projects are progressing unaffected at the moment, however.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015