Samsung reportedly working on a VR headset
New reports have appeared indicating that Samsung is working on their own VR headset for use with their range of smartphones and tablets.
The details are fairly vague at this point but sources close to Samsung have said that the device will feature an OLED screen that's at least as good as the one in the second-gen Oculus Rift development kits.
They've also indicated that the device is not being designed to work with Samsung's new operating system Tizen so it looks like it will be aimed at the Android market. This means high-end devices like the Note 3, Galaxy S5 upcoming Galaxy tablets and smartphones.
It will be interesting to see exactly how this mobile VR will play out, especially with Oculus Rift's designs on the mobile market but we'll need more specifics on Samsung's device before we can get an idea of how capable it will be.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year