Samsung reportedly working on a VR headset
New reports have appeared indicating that Samsung is working on their own VR headset for use with their range of smartphones and tablets.
The details are fairly vague at this point but sources close to Samsung have said that the device will feature an OLED screen that's at least as good as the one in the second-gen Oculus Rift development kits.
They've also indicated that the device is not being designed to work with Samsung's new operating system Tizen so it looks like it will be aimed at the Android market. This means high-end devices like the Note 3, Galaxy S5 upcoming Galaxy tablets and smartphones.
It will be interesting to see exactly how this mobile VR will play out, especially with Oculus Rift's designs on the mobile market but we'll need more specifics on Samsung's device before we can get an idea of how capable it will be.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent