Wolfenstein: The New Order Easter egg is the best
Machinegames has hidden a rather cunning Easter egg in their Wolfenstein reboot, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
By taking a nap at a resistance safe house BJ Blaskowicz has a fevered dream where he is dropped into the classic Wolfenstein 3D which is now 22 years old.
It's not clear whether it's the complete game or just the first level but it is a nice nod of the head to id Software's original Nazi-killing blast 'em-up. It does evoke memories of the Easter egg in Day Of The Tentacle.
In one of the bedrooms of the Mansion a computer was running a full and completely playable version of the first game in the series Maniac Mansion which was rather cool at the time. Wolfenstein: The New Order is out today on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3