Wolfenstein: The New Order Easter egg is the best
Machinegames has hidden a rather cunning Easter egg in their Wolfenstein reboot, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
By taking a nap at a resistance safe house BJ Blaskowicz has a fevered dream where he is dropped into the classic Wolfenstein 3D which is now 22 years old.
It's not clear whether it's the complete game or just the first level but it is a nice nod of the head to id Software's original Nazi-killing blast 'em-up. It does evoke memories of the Easter egg in Day Of The Tentacle.
In one of the bedrooms of the Mansion a computer was running a full and completely playable version of the first game in the series Maniac Mansion which was rather cool at the time. Wolfenstein: The New Order is out today on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto