Wolfenstein: The New Order Easter egg is the best
Machinegames has hidden a rather cunning Easter egg in their Wolfenstein reboot, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
By taking a nap at a resistance safe house BJ Blaskowicz has a fevered dream where he is dropped into the classic Wolfenstein 3D which is now 22 years old.
It's not clear whether it's the complete game or just the first level but it is a nice nod of the head to id Software's original Nazi-killing blast 'em-up. It does evoke memories of the Easter egg in Day Of The Tentacle.
In one of the bedrooms of the Mansion a computer was running a full and completely playable version of the first game in the series Maniac Mansion which was rather cool at the time. Wolfenstein: The New Order is out today on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing