Wolfenstein: The New Order Easter egg is the best
Machinegames has hidden a rather cunning Easter egg in their Wolfenstein reboot, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
By taking a nap at a resistance safe house BJ Blaskowicz has a fevered dream where he is dropped into the classic Wolfenstein 3D which is now 22 years old.
It's not clear whether it's the complete game or just the first level but it is a nice nod of the head to id Software's original Nazi-killing blast 'em-up. It does evoke memories of the Easter egg in Day Of The Tentacle.
In one of the bedrooms of the Mansion a computer was running a full and completely playable version of the first game in the series Maniac Mansion which was rather cool at the time. Wolfenstein: The New Order is out today on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light