Wolfenstein: The New Order Easter egg is the best
Machinegames has hidden a rather cunning Easter egg in their Wolfenstein reboot, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
By taking a nap at a resistance safe house BJ Blaskowicz has a fevered dream where he is dropped into the classic Wolfenstein 3D which is now 22 years old.
It's not clear whether it's the complete game or just the first level but it is a nice nod of the head to id Software's original Nazi-killing blast 'em-up. It does evoke memories of the Easter egg in Day Of The Tentacle.
In one of the bedrooms of the Mansion a computer was running a full and completely playable version of the first game in the series Maniac Mansion which was rather cool at the time. Wolfenstein: The New Order is out today on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update