Wii U sales fall short of Nintendo's forecast
It seems that the Wii U is continuing to drasg down Nintendo's financials as it has again fallen short of the company's sales forecasts.
Their original prediction was for the Wii U to sell 9 million units in the last year but that was revised downwards to just 2.8 million.
Even with such a drastic downward revision the Wii U still fell short selling just 2.72 million units ffor the last financial year. As it stands the Wii U has sold 6.17 million units since it launched in November of 2012.
This has contributed to Nintendo reporting losses for the last financial year of 135 million GBP. They are hoping to turn things around though and forecast a profit of 116 million GBP for the coming financial year which ends in March 2015.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny