Wii U sales fall short of Nintendo's forecast
It seems that the Wii U is continuing to drasg down Nintendo's financials as it has again fallen short of the company's sales forecasts.
Their original prediction was for the Wii U to sell 9 million units in the last year but that was revised downwards to just 2.8 million.
Even with such a drastic downward revision the Wii U still fell short selling just 2.72 million units ffor the last financial year. As it stands the Wii U has sold 6.17 million units since it launched in November of 2012.
This has contributed to Nintendo reporting losses for the last financial year of 135 million GBP. They are hoping to turn things around though and forecast a profit of 116 million GBP for the coming financial year which ends in March 2015.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3