Wii U sales fall short of Nintendo's forecast
It seems that the Wii U is continuing to drasg down Nintendo's financials as it has again fallen short of the company's sales forecasts.
Their original prediction was for the Wii U to sell 9 million units in the last year but that was revised downwards to just 2.8 million.
Even with such a drastic downward revision the Wii U still fell short selling just 2.72 million units ffor the last financial year. As it stands the Wii U has sold 6.17 million units since it launched in November of 2012.
This has contributed to Nintendo reporting losses for the last financial year of 135 million GBP. They are hoping to turn things around though and forecast a profit of 116 million GBP for the coming financial year which ends in March 2015.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network