Wii U sales fall short of Nintendo's forecast
It seems that the Wii U is continuing to drasg down Nintendo's financials as it has again fallen short of the company's sales forecasts.
Their original prediction was for the Wii U to sell 9 million units in the last year but that was revised downwards to just 2.8 million.
Even with such a drastic downward revision the Wii U still fell short selling just 2.72 million units ffor the last financial year. As it stands the Wii U has sold 6.17 million units since it launched in November of 2012.
This has contributed to Nintendo reporting losses for the last financial year of 135 million GBP. They are hoping to turn things around though and forecast a profit of 116 million GBP for the coming financial year which ends in March 2015.
Thanks Develop Online.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released