Mark Cerny to receive the Development Legend award at this year's Develop Conference
Intent Media has announced that Mark Cerny will be the recipient of the Development Legend at this year's Develop Industry Excellence Awards.
Cerny is a true legend of game development from his first game, Marble Madness in 1984 through Sonic 2, Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter, Spyro and Killzone 3 up to becoming the system architect for the PS4.
Develop publisher Michael French said, "Mark Cerny is a true legend of games development. He is a respected games designer and hardware developer with a multi-faceted, cross-discipline skill set. He has helped shape some of the most compelling original titles in the history of interactive entertainment, and has been a true visionary in the design of new games machines. We look forward to presenting this award to him and celebrating his career on July 9th."
The Develop Industry Excellence Awards are held as part of the annual Develop Conference in Brighton. This year's conference will run between July the 8th and July the 10th.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free