Mark Cerny to receive the Development Legend award at this year's Develop Conference
Intent Media has announced that Mark Cerny will be the recipient of the Development Legend at this year's Develop Industry Excellence Awards.
Cerny is a true legend of game development from his first game, Marble Madness in 1984 through Sonic 2, Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter, Spyro and Killzone 3 up to becoming the system architect for the PS4.
Develop publisher Michael French said, "Mark Cerny is a true legend of games development. He is a respected games designer and hardware developer with a multi-faceted, cross-discipline skill set. He has helped shape some of the most compelling original titles in the history of interactive entertainment, and has been a true visionary in the design of new games machines. We look forward to presenting this award to him and celebrating his career on July 9th."
The Develop Industry Excellence Awards are held as part of the annual Develop Conference in Brighton. This year's conference will run between July the 8th and July the 10th.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network