Mark Cerny to receive the Development Legend award at this year's Develop Conference
Intent Media has announced that Mark Cerny will be the recipient of the Development Legend at this year's Develop Industry Excellence Awards.
Cerny is a true legend of game development from his first game, Marble Madness in 1984 through Sonic 2, Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter, Spyro and Killzone 3 up to becoming the system architect for the PS4.
Develop publisher Michael French said, "Mark Cerny is a true legend of games development. He is a respected games designer and hardware developer with a multi-faceted, cross-discipline skill set. He has helped shape some of the most compelling original titles in the history of interactive entertainment, and has been a true visionary in the design of new games machines. We look forward to presenting this award to him and celebrating his career on July 9th."
The Develop Industry Excellence Awards are held as part of the annual Develop Conference in Brighton. This year's conference will run between July the 8th and July the 10th.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced