Mark Cerny to receive the Development Legend award at this year's Develop Conference
Intent Media has announced that Mark Cerny will be the recipient of the Development Legend at this year's Develop Industry Excellence Awards.
Cerny is a true legend of game development from his first game, Marble Madness in 1984 through Sonic 2, Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter, Spyro and Killzone 3 up to becoming the system architect for the PS4.
Develop publisher Michael French said, "Mark Cerny is a true legend of games development. He is a respected games designer and hardware developer with a multi-faceted, cross-discipline skill set. He has helped shape some of the most compelling original titles in the history of interactive entertainment, and has been a true visionary in the design of new games machines. We look forward to presenting this award to him and celebrating his career on July 9th."
The Develop Industry Excellence Awards are held as part of the annual Develop Conference in Brighton. This year's conference will run between July the 8th and July the 10th.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today