Mark Cerny to receive the Development Legend award at this year's Develop Conference
Intent Media has announced that Mark Cerny will be the recipient of the Development Legend at this year's Develop Industry Excellence Awards.
Cerny is a true legend of game development from his first game, Marble Madness in 1984 through Sonic 2, Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter, Spyro and Killzone 3 up to becoming the system architect for the PS4.
Develop publisher Michael French said, "Mark Cerny is a true legend of games development. He is a respected games designer and hardware developer with a multi-faceted, cross-discipline skill set. He has helped shape some of the most compelling original titles in the history of interactive entertainment, and has been a true visionary in the design of new games machines. We look forward to presenting this award to him and celebrating his career on July 9th."
The Develop Industry Excellence Awards are held as part of the annual Develop Conference in Brighton. This year's conference will run between July the 8th and July the 10th.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch