Layoffs hit Rare after Kinect Sports Rivals fails to impress
Microsoft have laid off some staff at Kinect Sports dev Rare after their latest title Kinect Sports Rivals failed to match expectations.
The GoldenEye and Banjo Kazooie developer has become Microsoft's go-to studio for the Kinect Sports series moving away from the kind of inventive original titles that they made their name on.
Microsoft said on the layoffs, "At Xbox, our goal is to constantly create new fun, social and interactive entertainment experiences. As part of Rare's commitment to this goal, we have made a decision to change our development process and methodology at Rare to best support our future projects, this has led to us reviewing the skills and the makeup of our development teams in our business. Rare continues to invest in our people and future projects."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light