Uplay creaking under the weight of Watch Dogs launch day traffic
Uplay, Ubisoft's online platform seems to be suffering a bit under the weight of traffic caused by the launch of Watch Dogs.
Bear in mind that they PC version is a 30GB download plus the traffic created by those PC gamers trying register their retail copies seems to be causing some issues with the platform.
Some Watch Dogs PC forum users are reporting that Uplay is down at the minute although they're not reporting many symptoms beyond stating that it is down. Console gamers are also reporting issues on the forums. There are also reports of PC users being unable to register their copies of the game coming from Twitter.
Ubisoft has stated on Twitter that they are on the case. The said, “Servers are up, but some people are experiencing issues... The team are working to resolve this at the moment.”
We have a direct link to download the Uplay PC desktop app here.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes