Uplay creaking under the weight of Watch Dogs launch day traffic
Uplay, Ubisoft's online platform seems to be suffering a bit under the weight of traffic caused by the launch of Watch Dogs.
Bear in mind that they PC version is a 30GB download plus the traffic created by those PC gamers trying register their retail copies seems to be causing some issues with the platform.
Some Watch Dogs PC forum users are reporting that Uplay is down at the minute although they're not reporting many symptoms beyond stating that it is down. Console gamers are also reporting issues on the forums. There are also reports of PC users being unable to register their copies of the game coming from Twitter.
Ubisoft has stated on Twitter that they are on the case. The said, “Servers are up, but some people are experiencing issues... The team are working to resolve this at the moment.”
We have a direct link to download the Uplay PC desktop app here.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent