Uplay creaking under the weight of Watch Dogs launch day traffic
Uplay, Ubisoft's online platform seems to be suffering a bit under the weight of traffic caused by the launch of Watch Dogs.
Bear in mind that they PC version is a 30GB download plus the traffic created by those PC gamers trying register their retail copies seems to be causing some issues with the platform.
Some Watch Dogs PC forum users are reporting that Uplay is down at the minute although they're not reporting many symptoms beyond stating that it is down. Console gamers are also reporting issues on the forums. There are also reports of PC users being unable to register their copies of the game coming from Twitter.
Ubisoft has stated on Twitter that they are on the case. The said, “Servers are up, but some people are experiencing issues... The team are working to resolve this at the moment.”
We have a direct link to download the Uplay PC desktop app here.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III