Uplay creaking under the weight of Watch Dogs launch day traffic
Uplay, Ubisoft's online platform seems to be suffering a bit under the weight of traffic caused by the launch of Watch Dogs.
Bear in mind that they PC version is a 30GB download plus the traffic created by those PC gamers trying register their retail copies seems to be causing some issues with the platform.
Some Watch Dogs PC forum users are reporting that Uplay is down at the minute although they're not reporting many symptoms beyond stating that it is down. Console gamers are also reporting issues on the forums. There are also reports of PC users being unable to register their copies of the game coming from Twitter.
Ubisoft has stated on Twitter that they are on the case. The said, “Servers are up, but some people are experiencing issues... The team are working to resolve this at the moment.”
We have a direct link to download the Uplay PC desktop app here.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold