PSN passes 8 million downloads
Sony inform us this week that their PlayStation Network online service has now delivered upwards of eight million downloads. That's the word in this week.
Sony also inform us that the PlayStation Network now has more than three million registered account holders.
"Coming off a great holiday sales season we see strong momentum behind PS3 in 2008, and feel confident about the year ahead," beamed Sony America boss Jack Tretton.
"We have Blu-ray emerging as the de facto high def standard, the developer community is hitting their stride, consumers are recognising the tremendous value and innovative services such as PlayStation Home are all in the works, so this is definitely shaping up to be a breakthrough year for us."
We'll bring you more on the PSN as we get it, with Sony promising to introduce the CrossMediaBar in-game soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title