PSN passes 8 million downloads
Sony inform us this week that their PlayStation Network online service has now delivered upwards of eight million downloads. That's the word in this week.
Sony also inform us that the PlayStation Network now has more than three million registered account holders.
"Coming off a great holiday sales season we see strong momentum behind PS3 in 2008, and feel confident about the year ahead," beamed Sony America boss Jack Tretton.
"We have Blu-ray emerging as the de facto high def standard, the developer community is hitting their stride, consumers are recognising the tremendous value and innovative services such as PlayStation Home are all in the works, so this is definitely shaping up to be a breakthrough year for us."
We'll bring you more on the PSN as we get it, with Sony promising to introduce the CrossMediaBar in-game soon.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though