PSN passes 8 million downloads
Sony inform us this week that their PlayStation Network online service has now delivered upwards of eight million downloads. That's the word in this week.
Sony also inform us that the PlayStation Network now has more than three million registered account holders.
"Coming off a great holiday sales season we see strong momentum behind PS3 in 2008, and feel confident about the year ahead," beamed Sony America boss Jack Tretton.
"We have Blu-ray emerging as the de facto high def standard, the developer community is hitting their stride, consumers are recognising the tremendous value and innovative services such as PlayStation Home are all in the works, so this is definitely shaping up to be a breakthrough year for us."
We'll bring you more on the PSN as we get it, with Sony promising to introduce the CrossMediaBar in-game soon.
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens