PSN passes 8 million downloads
Sony inform us this week that their PlayStation Network online service has now delivered upwards of eight million downloads. That's the word in this week.
Sony also inform us that the PlayStation Network now has more than three million registered account holders.
"Coming off a great holiday sales season we see strong momentum behind PS3 in 2008, and feel confident about the year ahead," beamed Sony America boss Jack Tretton.
"We have Blu-ray emerging as the de facto high def standard, the developer community is hitting their stride, consumers are recognising the tremendous value and innovative services such as PlayStation Home are all in the works, so this is definitely shaping up to be a breakthrough year for us."
We'll bring you more on the PSN as we get it, with Sony promising to introduce the CrossMediaBar in-game soon.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced