Our Steam Machine will be our least profitable machine says Alienware boss
Alienware's general manager Frank Azor reckons that it will be tough for them to turn a profit on the Steam Machine.
The gaming PC manufacturer is preparing a Steam Machine that is believed to be priced to compete with the PS4 and the Xbox One.
While filling their Steam Machine with components that can match the next-gen consoles at a competitive price point may be tough Alienware will save money on the OS as Steam OS is completely free as opposed to the license fees Microsoft charges for Windows.
The Alienware Steam Machine is expected to release later this year at around 499 USD.
Thanks Wall Street Journal (Paywall).
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release