Our Steam Machine will be our least profitable machine says Alienware boss
Alienware's general manager Frank Azor reckons that it will be tough for them to turn a profit on the Steam Machine.
The gaming PC manufacturer is preparing a Steam Machine that is believed to be priced to compete with the PS4 and the Xbox One.
While filling their Steam Machine with components that can match the next-gen consoles at a competitive price point may be tough Alienware will save money on the OS as Steam OS is completely free as opposed to the license fees Microsoft charges for Windows.
The Alienware Steam Machine is expected to release later this year at around 499 USD.
Thanks Wall Street Journal (Paywall).
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today