Our Steam Machine will be our least profitable machine says Alienware boss
Alienware's general manager Frank Azor reckons that it will be tough for them to turn a profit on the Steam Machine.
The gaming PC manufacturer is preparing a Steam Machine that is believed to be priced to compete with the PS4 and the Xbox One.
While filling their Steam Machine with components that can match the next-gen consoles at a competitive price point may be tough Alienware will save money on the OS as Steam OS is completely free as opposed to the license fees Microsoft charges for Windows.
The Alienware Steam Machine is expected to release later this year at around 499 USD.
Thanks Wall Street Journal (Paywall).
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though