Our Steam Machine will be our least profitable machine says Alienware boss
Alienware's general manager Frank Azor reckons that it will be tough for them to turn a profit on the Steam Machine.
The gaming PC manufacturer is preparing a Steam Machine that is believed to be priced to compete with the PS4 and the Xbox One.
While filling their Steam Machine with components that can match the next-gen consoles at a competitive price point may be tough Alienware will save money on the OS as Steam OS is completely free as opposed to the license fees Microsoft charges for Windows.
The Alienware Steam Machine is expected to release later this year at around 499 USD.
Thanks Wall Street Journal (Paywall).
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network