Our Steam Machine will be our least profitable machine says Alienware boss
Alienware's general manager Frank Azor reckons that it will be tough for them to turn a profit on the Steam Machine.
The gaming PC manufacturer is preparing a Steam Machine that is believed to be priced to compete with the PS4 and the Xbox One.
While filling their Steam Machine with components that can match the next-gen consoles at a competitive price point may be tough Alienware will save money on the OS as Steam OS is completely free as opposed to the license fees Microsoft charges for Windows.
The Alienware Steam Machine is expected to release later this year at around 499 USD.
Thanks Wall Street Journal (Paywall).
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all