EA dubious over KOTOR 3 rumours
Rumours doing the rounds online this week have hinted that BioWare could be planning Knights of the Old Republic 3, in addition to a secret MMO project and the developers other concerns.
Owners EA this week rubbished such speculation, stating that no new KOTOR title is in the works at BioWare, even though CEO John Riccitiello reportedly mentioned a Knights of the Old Republic title when speaking with analysts.
Boogie, Black and SKATE were also mooted in the business presentation, however we today learn that the big cheese was referencing past releases, not forthcoming titles. Studio pedigree was apparently the point, not future development plans.
"The MMO in development at Bioware Austin is listed a 'New MMO'. We apologise for any confusion this may have caused," explained an EA rep.
LucasArts have also distanced themselves from this chit-chat, so we presume that this really is a non-starter, sadly.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3