EA dubious over KOTOR 3 rumours
Rumours doing the rounds online this week have hinted that BioWare could be planning Knights of the Old Republic 3, in addition to a secret MMO project and the developers other concerns.
Owners EA this week rubbished such speculation, stating that no new KOTOR title is in the works at BioWare, even though CEO John Riccitiello reportedly mentioned a Knights of the Old Republic title when speaking with analysts.
Boogie, Black and SKATE were also mooted in the business presentation, however we today learn that the big cheese was referencing past releases, not forthcoming titles. Studio pedigree was apparently the point, not future development plans.
"The MMO in development at Bioware Austin is listed a 'New MMO'. We apologise for any confusion this may have caused," explained an EA rep.
LucasArts have also distanced themselves from this chit-chat, so we presume that this really is a non-starter, sadly.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network