The Witcher 3 may perform better on the PS4
CD Projekt Red has indicated that the PS4 version of The Witcher 3 may work better than the Xbox One version.
Studio co-founder Marcin Iwinski has pointed out that there is a chance that the game's performance will be better on the PS4 than it is on the Xbox One.
Iwinski explained, "We are still working on squeezing the juice out of the consoles and Microsoft are supporting us in this respect. The final effect, whether it's 720p, 1080p - we had the debate in the studio about it and actually asked our tech guys to explain how it works, and they sent me some complicated graphs that 'if I have this size of the screen, and I sit one meter or two meters from it, then I might be able to see the difference'.”
"It's more of a PR differentiation, which is very important for Sony right now - and they are using it, obviously - than something that is really meaningful to gamers,” he continued. "We're definitely working to max out each of the platforms in terms of what we can get, because that's a crucial element of The Witcher. Will there be big differences? Really I don't think so. It's too early to say. If there will be, they will be tiny. It will be more like people talking 'hey, I have this and you have that and this is better'."
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is due to be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in February of 2015.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone