Harmonix' Amplitude Kickstarter leaps to 600,000 USD with just over 2 days to go
Harmonix' Kickstarter campaign to raise money to remake their PS2 classic rhythm action game Amplitude for PS3 and PS4 has received a huge boost with just over two days to go.
Things were looking a bit bleak with the total sitting at around 330,000 USD of th 775,000 USD target but over the last couple of days it has shot up to 601,455 USD with 56 hours left in the campaign.
The studio stated on the Amplitude Kickstarter page, “Our aim with this Kickstarter is to be humble in our expectations. The current goal is to make a faithful Amplitude 'HD' - the core experience from PS2 re-developed for modern gaming devices. We certainly have LOTS of crazy ideas that could blow this concept out. Your contribution, feedback, and community input will decide where this project will land and how many crazy ideas we can incorporate!”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3