Victory Games closed, new Command & Conquer canned
It looks like EA has closed Command & Conquer developer Victory Games and given up on development of the new Command & Conquer game.
The marketing manager for Victory announced tha the studio is now closed on Twitter saying, “Well that was fun. Victory Games is closed. LFW.”
A message on the Victory Games website said, "Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game."
"We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history,”it continued, “and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track. We look forward to sharing more news about the franchise as it develops. Thank you again for your participation and support."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015