E3: Matrix Online revealed
Ubi Soft confirmed today that they will be co-publishing The Matrix Online with movie licence owner Warner Bros. This new MMOG promises a huge cityscape for gamers to explore and interact within - with the exterior placidity belying the war for control which operatives like the player will wage beneath the surface.
Apparently, the plot will continue where the movie trilogy concludes, and is penned by the creators of the films.
Here's the official features that have been revealed thus far:
"Imagine if the Matrix existed today, if millions of people could enter a simulation so convincing, so real, that they believed it to be an actual place," commented Yves Guillemot, President of Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Ubi Soft and Warner Bros. Studios will bring the Matrix universe to life - enabling gamers throughout the world to participate in the continuously evolving world of The Matrix Online."
The Matrix Online is being developed by Monolith and EON Entertainment - the company owned by Matrix creators the Wachowski Brothers.
A beta test is planned for late 2003, and the game itself will be out in 2004.
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives