E3: Matrix Online revealed
Ubi Soft confirmed today that they will be co-publishing The Matrix Online with movie licence owner Warner Bros. This new MMOG promises a huge cityscape for gamers to explore and interact within - with the exterior placidity belying the war for control which operatives like the player will wage beneath the surface.
Apparently, the plot will continue where the movie trilogy concludes, and is penned by the creators of the films.
Here's the official features that have been revealed thus far:
"Imagine if the Matrix existed today, if millions of people could enter a simulation so convincing, so real, that they believed it to be an actual place," commented Yves Guillemot, President of Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Ubi Soft and Warner Bros. Studios will bring the Matrix universe to life - enabling gamers throughout the world to participate in the continuously evolving world of The Matrix Online."
The Matrix Online is being developed by Monolith and EON Entertainment - the company owned by Matrix creators the Wachowski Brothers.
A beta test is planned for late 2003, and the game itself will be out in 2004.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America