E3: Matrix Online revealed
Ubi Soft confirmed today that they will be co-publishing The Matrix Online with movie licence owner Warner Bros. This new MMOG promises a huge cityscape for gamers to explore and interact within - with the exterior placidity belying the war for control which operatives like the player will wage beneath the surface.
Apparently, the plot will continue where the movie trilogy concludes, and is penned by the creators of the films.
Here's the official features that have been revealed thus far:
"Imagine if the Matrix existed today, if millions of people could enter a simulation so convincing, so real, that they believed it to be an actual place," commented Yves Guillemot, President of Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Ubi Soft and Warner Bros. Studios will bring the Matrix universe to life - enabling gamers throughout the world to participate in the continuously evolving world of The Matrix Online."
The Matrix Online is being developed by Monolith and EON Entertainment - the company owned by Matrix creators the Wachowski Brothers.
A beta test is planned for late 2003, and the game itself will be out in 2004.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light