E3: Matrix Online revealed
Ubi Soft confirmed today that they will be co-publishing The Matrix Online with movie licence owner Warner Bros. This new MMOG promises a huge cityscape for gamers to explore and interact within - with the exterior placidity belying the war for control which operatives like the player will wage beneath the surface.
Apparently, the plot will continue where the movie trilogy concludes, and is penned by the creators of the films.
Here's the official features that have been revealed thus far:
"Imagine if the Matrix existed today, if millions of people could enter a simulation so convincing, so real, that they believed it to be an actual place," commented Yves Guillemot, President of Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Ubi Soft and Warner Bros. Studios will bring the Matrix universe to life - enabling gamers throughout the world to participate in the continuously evolving world of The Matrix Online."
The Matrix Online is being developed by Monolith and EON Entertainment - the company owned by Matrix creators the Wachowski Brothers.
A beta test is planned for late 2003, and the game itself will be out in 2004.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey