DayZ hacked, development not hindered by the attack
Bohemia Interactive has confirmed that their in-development title DayZ was subject of an attack by hackers.
They revealed that DayZ's servers had been compromise, presumably in an attempt to steal the game's source code. No user data is stored on the servers though so there are no concerns on that side of things.
The statement continued, “There were no user data on any of the servers. Current development goals and schedules for our games will not be affected by this attack. More information will follow as our investigation continues.”
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too