DayZ hacked, development not hindered by the attack
Bohemia Interactive has confirmed that their in-development title DayZ was subject of an attack by hackers.
They revealed that DayZ's servers had been compromise, presumably in an attempt to steal the game's source code. No user data is stored on the servers though so there are no concerns on that side of things.
The statement continued, “There were no user data on any of the servers. Current development goals and schedules for our games will not be affected by this attack. More information will follow as our investigation continues.”
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today