Microsoft to open up app support to non-Gold Xbox Live users.
New reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft is preparing to open up use of the media apps to all Xbox Live users.
Up until now Xbox Live users required a Gold subscription to use media apps like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Unfortunately all of these cost money over and above the Gold subscription which is a bit of a pain.
The sources also explained that the change of policy that is incoming was made possible by the change of personnel in the Xbox division after Don Mattrick left to take over the reigns at Zynga.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone