Microsoft to open up app support to non-Gold Xbox Live users.
New reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft is preparing to open up use of the media apps to all Xbox Live users.
Up until now Xbox Live users required a Gold subscription to use media apps like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Unfortunately all of these cost money over and above the Gold subscription which is a bit of a pain.
The sources also explained that the change of policy that is incoming was made possible by the change of personnel in the Xbox division after Don Mattrick left to take over the reigns at Zynga.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto