Microsoft to open up app support to non-Gold Xbox Live users.
New reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft is preparing to open up use of the media apps to all Xbox Live users.
Up until now Xbox Live users required a Gold subscription to use media apps like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Unfortunately all of these cost money over and above the Gold subscription which is a bit of a pain.
The sources also explained that the change of policy that is incoming was made possible by the change of personnel in the Xbox division after Don Mattrick left to take over the reigns at Zynga.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon