Microsoft to open up app support to non-Gold Xbox Live users.
New reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft is preparing to open up use of the media apps to all Xbox Live users.
Up until now Xbox Live users required a Gold subscription to use media apps like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Unfortunately all of these cost money over and above the Gold subscription which is a bit of a pain.
The sources also explained that the change of policy that is incoming was made possible by the change of personnel in the Xbox division after Don Mattrick left to take over the reigns at Zynga.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released