Microsoft to open up app support to non-Gold Xbox Live users.
New reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft is preparing to open up use of the media apps to all Xbox Live users.
Up until now Xbox Live users required a Gold subscription to use media apps like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Unfortunately all of these cost money over and above the Gold subscription which is a bit of a pain.
The sources also explained that the change of policy that is incoming was made possible by the change of personnel in the Xbox division after Don Mattrick left to take over the reigns at Zynga.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One