Wildstar open beta begins today
Today sees the launch of the final beta test phase of NCSOFT and Carbine Studios' new MMO Wildstar ahead of its launch at the beginning of next month.
To celebrate the occasion, and possibly entice some new players to give Wildstar a shot ahead of the game's release, they've released a new background story trailer.
Later on today Carbine will be hosting a Livestream (7pm BST/2pm EST) of the open beta gameplay on the Wildstar Twitch channel with a second developer session scheduled for the same time tomorrow accompanied by a Q&A session across all of the Wildstar social media channels.
The open beta will run from today until 7.59am BST on May the 19th. Wildstar will launch on PC on June the 3rd. The beta client for the game can be downloaded now over on the Wildstar website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3