Wildstar open beta begins today
Today sees the launch of the final beta test phase of NCSOFT and Carbine Studios' new MMO Wildstar ahead of its launch at the beginning of next month.
To celebrate the occasion, and possibly entice some new players to give Wildstar a shot ahead of the game's release, they've released a new background story trailer.
Later on today Carbine will be hosting a Livestream (7pm BST/2pm EST) of the open beta gameplay on the Wildstar Twitch channel with a second developer session scheduled for the same time tomorrow accompanied by a Q&A session across all of the Wildstar social media channels.
The open beta will run from today until 7.59am BST on May the 19th. Wildstar will launch on PC on June the 3rd. The beta client for the game can be downloaded now over on the Wildstar website.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015