Pre-loading to arrive on the PS4 with Destiny
It seems like the much-rumoured pre-loading function for the PS4 will be coming in system update this year.
Sony are preparing the service to coincide with the launch of Bungie's big new IP Destiny in September. Anyone who reserves it on the PlayStation Store ahead of time will be able to download it before launch day so it will be ready to play at 12.01am that very day.
PS4 and PS3 gamers who pre-order Destiny also get early access to the beta which is due to take place this coming July.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3