Sunset Overdrive still running at sub-1080p on Xbox One
Insomniac has revealed that their new Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive is still not quite hitting that golden resolution of 1080p.
The studio's president and CEO Ted Price revealed the news in a brand new interview adding that they are more concerned with bringing their new world to life rather than counting pixels.
Price explained, "We're still working on optimising and we're going to continue to do that. We can get into all the technical stuff later. This is going to be a [question] for every game that comes out. People will be counting pixels. For us, it's about the vision: you saw it, you played it. It's about creating a world."
The new interview also revealed that the games characters are made up of around 40,000 polygons. While it's nowher near inFamous: Second Son's 120,000 polygons per character or Ryse's 85,000 polygons per character it's still pretty impressive.
Thanks Edge issue 267.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3