Bethesda: Console versions of The Elder Scrolls will be delayed 6 months
Bethesda has released a statement indicating that The Elder Scrolls Online will probably not make its intended console release window of June.
In the statement they explained that they were working to overcome issues of getting the game working properly on both PSN and Xbox Live.
The statement explained, “We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process.”
“It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible,” it added. “Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.”
They also used the opportunity to announce a new character transfer programme that they have prepared for the console release. Owners of the PC or Mac versions of The Elder Scrolls Online will be able to transfer their characters to the PS4 or Xbox One version of the game and pick up a downloadable copy of the game in the console of their choice for a reduced price of 12.99 GBP/14.99 EUR/20 USD along with 30 days play time.
They signed off, “Thank you for your patience and loyal support.”
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit