Bethesda: Console versions of The Elder Scrolls will be delayed 6 months
Bethesda has released a statement indicating that The Elder Scrolls Online will probably not make its intended console release window of June.
In the statement they explained that they were working to overcome issues of getting the game working properly on both PSN and Xbox Live.
The statement explained, “We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process.”
“It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible,” it added. “Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.”
They also used the opportunity to announce a new character transfer programme that they have prepared for the console release. Owners of the PC or Mac versions of The Elder Scrolls Online will be able to transfer their characters to the PS4 or Xbox One version of the game and pick up a downloadable copy of the game in the console of their choice for a reduced price of 12.99 GBP/14.99 EUR/20 USD along with 30 days play time.
They signed off, “Thank you for your patience and loyal support.”
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch