Bethesda: Console versions of The Elder Scrolls will be delayed 6 months
Bethesda has released a statement indicating that The Elder Scrolls Online will probably not make its intended console release window of June.
In the statement they explained that they were working to overcome issues of getting the game working properly on both PSN and Xbox Live.
The statement explained, “We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process.”
“It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible,” it added. “Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.”
They also used the opportunity to announce a new character transfer programme that they have prepared for the console release. Owners of the PC or Mac versions of The Elder Scrolls Online will be able to transfer their characters to the PS4 or Xbox One version of the game and pick up a downloadable copy of the game in the console of their choice for a reduced price of 12.99 GBP/14.99 EUR/20 USD along with 30 days play time.
They signed off, “Thank you for your patience and loyal support.”
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today