Performance on PS4 and Xbox One are closer than with PS3 and Xbox 360 says Machinegames
Machinegames, the developer behind the new Wolfenstein game out this week, have been talking of their experiences the differences between the PS4 and Xbox One hardware.
Senior gameplay designer Andreas Ojerfors has explained that the PS4 and Xbox One are much closer to each other in terms of performance than the PS3 and Xbox 360 were.
"There was a much bigger difference in making a game for both PS3 and Xbox 360 back in the day than what it is now,” he stated. “The new platforms are much, much more similar to work with than what we're used to. So it is less of a challenge this time than it has been before."
Of course id's impressive id Tech 5 game engine has helped a lot in affording them a powerful baseline to build Wolfenstein: The New Order on both console generations as well as the PC.
"It's about creating an engine that is from the very bottom up built to scale,” Ojerfors added. "I think from the beginning when we got our hands on id Tech, we realised it was an engine that was built to scale very well between different platforms... And it's been an ongoing effort both among the engineers here at MachineGames but also with a great deal of help from id's software to make sure it's an engine that continues to scale on the next generation of platforms."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year