Microsoft may be poised to announced external hard drive support for the Xbox One
It seems that Microsoft may be preparing to announce external hard drive support for the Xbox One probably at E3.
Hard drive capacity is critical to the operation of the next-gen consoles with both requiring a cache for their game DVR features and hard drive installs for every retail game.
The news comes from a screenshot posted by a “Confirmed XB1 Dev” XboxOneDev on Reddit showing an Xbox One Dash screen with the prompt "External Drive Ready" message.
It is a feature that Microsoft are considering. Xbox community guru Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb noted it back in March saying, "we know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It's on our list too. We're working on that for a future update and will keep you posted."
Microsoft's E3 press conference is set for Monday June the 9th
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching