Microsoft may be poised to announced external hard drive support for the Xbox One
It seems that Microsoft may be preparing to announce external hard drive support for the Xbox One probably at E3.
Hard drive capacity is critical to the operation of the next-gen consoles with both requiring a cache for their game DVR features and hard drive installs for every retail game.
The news comes from a screenshot posted by a “Confirmed XB1 Dev” XboxOneDev on Reddit showing an Xbox One Dash screen with the prompt "External Drive Ready" message.
It is a feature that Microsoft are considering. Xbox community guru Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb noted it back in March saying, "we know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It's on our list too. We're working on that for a future update and will keep you posted."
Microsoft's E3 press conference is set for Monday June the 9th
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One