Microsoft may be poised to announced external hard drive support for the Xbox One
It seems that Microsoft may be preparing to announce external hard drive support for the Xbox One probably at E3.
Hard drive capacity is critical to the operation of the next-gen consoles with both requiring a cache for their game DVR features and hard drive installs for every retail game.
The news comes from a screenshot posted by a “Confirmed XB1 Dev” XboxOneDev on Reddit showing an Xbox One Dash screen with the prompt "External Drive Ready" message.
It is a feature that Microsoft are considering. Xbox community guru Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb noted it back in March saying, "we know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It's on our list too. We're working on that for a future update and will keep you posted."
Microsoft's E3 press conference is set for Monday June the 9th
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users