Microsoft may be poised to announced external hard drive support for the Xbox One
It seems that Microsoft may be preparing to announce external hard drive support for the Xbox One probably at E3.
Hard drive capacity is critical to the operation of the next-gen consoles with both requiring a cache for their game DVR features and hard drive installs for every retail game.
The news comes from a screenshot posted by a “Confirmed XB1 Dev” XboxOneDev on Reddit showing an Xbox One Dash screen with the prompt "External Drive Ready" message.
It is a feature that Microsoft are considering. Xbox community guru Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb noted it back in March saying, "we know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It's on our list too. We're working on that for a future update and will keep you posted."
Microsoft's E3 press conference is set for Monday June the 9th
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week