Microsoft may be poised to announced external hard drive support for the Xbox One
It seems that Microsoft may be preparing to announce external hard drive support for the Xbox One probably at E3.
Hard drive capacity is critical to the operation of the next-gen consoles with both requiring a cache for their game DVR features and hard drive installs for every retail game.
The news comes from a screenshot posted by a “Confirmed XB1 Dev” XboxOneDev on Reddit showing an Xbox One Dash screen with the prompt "External Drive Ready" message.
It is a feature that Microsoft are considering. Xbox community guru Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb noted it back in March saying, "we know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It's on our list too. We're working on that for a future update and will keep you posted."
Microsoft's E3 press conference is set for Monday June the 9th
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes