No Need For Speed title this year
The Need For Speed series will be taking a break this year according to the studio behind it, Ghost Games.
Ghost Games boss Markus Nilsson has stated that they will not be releasing a title this year and will be using the “extended development window” to focus on the title that they are preparing for 2015.
Nilsson explained to investors in the latest financial report, “We are already deep in development on our next game and want to make this promise to you: we will listen to you. We’re going to give you the game you’ve been asking for. It will be the game you deserve, but to do that will take us some time.”
“From now on,” he continued, “you’ll be hearing from us regularly because we need your help to shape the future of Need for Speed. We want your input on future gameplay and features we know you’re passionate about. We will keep innovating, always making sure to continue the celebration of cars and the joy they bring.”
Need For Speed: Rivals was Ghost Games' debut on the series and did rather well.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year