No Need For Speed title this year
The Need For Speed series will be taking a break this year according to the studio behind it, Ghost Games.
Ghost Games boss Markus Nilsson has stated that they will not be releasing a title this year and will be using the “extended development window” to focus on the title that they are preparing for 2015.
Nilsson explained to investors in the latest financial report, “We are already deep in development on our next game and want to make this promise to you: we will listen to you. We’re going to give you the game you’ve been asking for. It will be the game you deserve, but to do that will take us some time.”
“From now on,” he continued, “you’ll be hearing from us regularly because we need your help to shape the future of Need for Speed. We want your input on future gameplay and features we know you’re passionate about. We will keep innovating, always making sure to continue the celebration of cars and the joy they bring.”
Need For Speed: Rivals was Ghost Games' debut on the series and did rather well.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III