No Need For Speed title this year
The Need For Speed series will be taking a break this year according to the studio behind it, Ghost Games.
Ghost Games boss Markus Nilsson has stated that they will not be releasing a title this year and will be using the “extended development window” to focus on the title that they are preparing for 2015.
Nilsson explained to investors in the latest financial report, “We are already deep in development on our next game and want to make this promise to you: we will listen to you. We’re going to give you the game you’ve been asking for. It will be the game you deserve, but to do that will take us some time.”
“From now on,” he continued, “you’ll be hearing from us regularly because we need your help to shape the future of Need for Speed. We want your input on future gameplay and features we know you’re passionate about. We will keep innovating, always making sure to continue the celebration of cars and the joy they bring.”
Need For Speed: Rivals was Ghost Games' debut on the series and did rather well.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto