2K hasn't discussed what to do with the BioShock series yet
2K Games parent company Take-Two has revealed that they haven't set on a plan for the BioShock series now that Irrational Games as w3e knew it is gone.
Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick mentioned the series briefly at the end of their annual financial report to investors.
Zelnick stated, "We haven't talked about what's going to happen to the franchise, but it's beloved. BioShock has sold over 5 million units. Today, the franchise is in hands of 2K. More to come in the future."
He also explained that Ken Levine's new studio would retain the Irrational name but would use a much smaller, flatter structure going forward.
Thanks GamesIndustry International.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year