Sony on Project Morpheus: Content is the glue that holds everything together
Sony has emphasised that content will be key to the success of their VR project Project Morpheus and insisted that VR will not be a flash in the pan like the 3D was for the PS3.
Speaking at a panel event hosted by Develop, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Simon Benson emphasised how important content specifically designed for Project Morpheus would be in its success.
“Content is the glue that holds everything together,” Benson emphasised to the panel. SCE London Studio's director Dave Raynard agreed saying, “You need to design from the ground up, it’s not about porting an existing game.“
This all feeds into making Project Morpheus and VR a success. Benson believes that VR is more of a natural evolution of gaming rather than the corporate gimmick that 3D was seen as. Benson added, “The opportunities are enormous. [Interest] won’t run out, as long as we get it right.”
Project Morpheus was revealed by Sony at the GDC back in March and is still in the prototyping stages.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer