Destiny not coming to PC, for now
Bungie has explained their reasoning behind not releasing a PC version of Destiny at the same time as the console versions.
The studio is handling all of work on Destiny in-house, developing versions for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 as well as doing all of the QA themselves, hence the 500-strong workforce holed up in their Bellevue HQ in Washington State.
This makes adding a PC version much more problematic, especially given that PC games need more intensive QA testing that their counterparts to ensure compatibility with as many different setups as possible.
Lars Bakken, Destiny's design lead explained as much. He stated, "The truth is it's not that simple. I wish it was that simple. It's pretty complicated. That doesn't mean it can't happen in the future, it just means it won't happen right now."
Bakken added, "The console SKUs are really important for us and that's what we're focusing on. We're doing it all internally ourselves. That's a huge endeavour. That's not something we've ever done before. So when I'm playtesting and I'm trying to play PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3, that's a lot of work. Adding another thing on there is just crazy. It's crazy to think of right now."
Bungie's COO, Pete Parsons hasn't ruled out bringing Destiny to the PC in the future though. He added cryptically, "I look forward to our future conversations around PC. We love the PC. We hear it too. We ask the question of ourselves."
Destiny will hit PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree