Lucasfilm declares all Star Wars games non-canon
Lucasfilm has declared that all of the content in the extended Star Wars universe from video games to novels and comics is non-canon.
In fact only the six films and the Clone Wars TV and film content are considered canon invalidating ridiculous volumes of additional content and side stories.
All of this seems to have been done in order to provide more creative freedom for the new trilogy of films beginning with JJ Abrams 2015 film Episode VII.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said on the official Star Wars blog, "In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey