Mojang apologises for the delay on the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft
Mojang has apologised for the long-running delay of the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft.
Mojang's Owen Hill has revealed that they are aiming to release the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft some time in either Q2 or Q3 of this year.
In the comments section of a PS blog post on the retail release of the PS3 version Hill told a fan, “We’re aiming for Q2/Q3.”
He made an apology for the long wait in the body of the post saying, “4J are working on bringing Minecraft to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Sorry for the delay but making Minecraft happen is serious business.” Hill also revealed that they are planning to offer some kind of save game transfer between platforms.
“The plan is to enable users to transfer from PS3 to PS4,” Hill added. “We’re still working out how it’ll work with the Vita version.”
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing