Mojang apologises for the delay on the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft
Mojang has apologised for the long-running delay of the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft.
Mojang's Owen Hill has revealed that they are aiming to release the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft some time in either Q2 or Q3 of this year.
In the comments section of a PS blog post on the retail release of the PS3 version Hill told a fan, “We’re aiming for Q2/Q3.”
He made an apology for the long wait in the body of the post saying, “4J are working on bringing Minecraft to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Sorry for the delay but making Minecraft happen is serious business.” Hill also revealed that they are planning to offer some kind of save game transfer between platforms.
“The plan is to enable users to transfer from PS3 to PS4,” Hill added. “We’re still working out how it’ll work with the Vita version.”
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer