Defiance to go free-to-play
Trion Worlds has announced that their sci-fi shooter Defiance is set to go free-to-play from next month.
All of the game that was released at full-price retail value in 2013 will go free-to-play on the PC and the Xbox 360. This also includes all of the “original end-game content and future missions completely for free."
Defiance is a transmedia project and the game ties in with the SyFy TV series. With the launch of the second series approaching they have also announced that new missions that tie in with series two are coming soon.
The PC version of the game will go free-to-play from June the 4th. The dates for the Xbox 360 version's free-to-play switch are yet to be confirmed.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree