Defiance to go free-to-play
Trion Worlds has announced that their sci-fi shooter Defiance is set to go free-to-play from next month.
All of the game that was released at full-price retail value in 2013 will go free-to-play on the PC and the Xbox 360. This also includes all of the “original end-game content and future missions completely for free."
Defiance is a transmedia project and the game ties in with the SyFy TV series. With the launch of the second series approaching they have also announced that new missions that tie in with series two are coming soon.
The PC version of the game will go free-to-play from June the 4th. The dates for the Xbox 360 version's free-to-play switch are yet to be confirmed.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today