Defiance to go free-to-play
Trion Worlds has announced that their sci-fi shooter Defiance is set to go free-to-play from next month.
All of the game that was released at full-price retail value in 2013 will go free-to-play on the PC and the Xbox 360. This also includes all of the “original end-game content and future missions completely for free."
Defiance is a transmedia project and the game ties in with the SyFy TV series. With the launch of the second series approaching they have also announced that new missions that tie in with series two are coming soon.
The PC version of the game will go free-to-play from June the 4th. The dates for the Xbox 360 version's free-to-play switch are yet to be confirmed.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan