Techland's Hellraid re-unveiled for next-gen consoles
Techland has re-revealed their long-lost fantasy brawler Hellraid for next-gen consoles.
Hellraid began life as a Dead Island weapon mod inspired by playing ninties adventures Hexen and Heretic but it had disappeared from view for some time.
Now, with a technology switch from Techland's older engine to their new Chrome 6 technology (the same engine that powers Dying Light) it is coming to next-gen consoles and will even hit Steam Early Access in the autumn.
Hellraid's producer Marcin Kruczkiewicz explains the delay, “Basically, we’ve built a new melee and magic combat system from scratch, and it’s really changed how the game is played and what experience you get. Shifting from four character classes to one universal class that has access to all previously class-specific skills was also a major decision.”
“We believe it’s a good one too,” he continued, “because players will be free to adapt the character to the play-style of their preference. A lot of people playtesting Hellraid weren’t satisfied that they couldn’t combine, for example, the Barbarian’s battle strength and two-handed axes with the Mage’s resistance and powerful spells or the Rogue’s agility and crossbows. Well, now they can combine them however they like.”
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though