GoldenEye Arcade rumours persist
Microsoft are continuing their silence regarding a new version of GoldenEye N64 for the Xbox Live Arcade, with reports continuing to swirl that Rare are - or have been - working on a version of the game for the 360 downloads service.
GoldenEye on the N64 was of course one of the most celebrated games of the 90s, and we learnt earlier this month that the retro hit could be on the way to the Arcade as part of a Rare-developed port, which was set to include improved graphics and an online multiplayer mode.
According to 1UP.com, the developer had been working on the game for several month, even improving weapons and maps, but the plug was pulled just two months before completion, after MS and Nintendo failed to agree a royalties deal. Issues related to ongoing royalties or the payment of a one-fee appeared to be the sticking point - not that any of this is in any way official, of course.
For their part, MS state that they are 'flattered' by interest surrounding the game, but typically have nothing to offer at present.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light