Famitsu publisher Kadokawa acquires Dark Souls dev From Software
Kadokawa has announced that they have acquired the Dark Souls and Armored Core developers From Software.
The deal is set to go through on May 21st with Kadokawa acquiring 80 percent of the studio's stock. From Software will become part of the Kadokawa Group.
From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin explained to Famitsu that the acquisition will allow them to operate under a new system that will allow them to expand platforms from hardware to cloud, better respond to different gaming regions both globally and locally and to coalesce content. Zin added, “With a new system, from this point on, I believe we’ll be able to make newer and more in depth games.”
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey