Famitsu publisher Kadokawa acquires Dark Souls dev From Software
Kadokawa has announced that they have acquired the Dark Souls and Armored Core developers From Software.
The deal is set to go through on May 21st with Kadokawa acquiring 80 percent of the studio's stock. From Software will become part of the Kadokawa Group.
From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin explained to Famitsu that the acquisition will allow them to operate under a new system that will allow them to expand platforms from hardware to cloud, better respond to different gaming regions both globally and locally and to coalesce content. Zin added, “With a new system, from this point on, I believe we’ll be able to make newer and more in depth games.”
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue