Famitsu publisher Kadokawa acquires Dark Souls dev From Software
Kadokawa has announced that they have acquired the Dark Souls and Armored Core developers From Software.
The deal is set to go through on May 21st with Kadokawa acquiring 80 percent of the studio's stock. From Software will become part of the Kadokawa Group.
From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin explained to Famitsu that the acquisition will allow them to operate under a new system that will allow them to expand platforms from hardware to cloud, better respond to different gaming regions both globally and locally and to coalesce content. Zin added, “With a new system, from this point on, I believe we’ll be able to make newer and more in depth games.”
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all