Famitsu publisher Kadokawa acquires Dark Souls dev From Software
Kadokawa has announced that they have acquired the Dark Souls and Armored Core developers From Software.
The deal is set to go through on May 21st with Kadokawa acquiring 80 percent of the studio's stock. From Software will become part of the Kadokawa Group.
From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin explained to Famitsu that the acquisition will allow them to operate under a new system that will allow them to expand platforms from hardware to cloud, better respond to different gaming regions both globally and locally and to coalesce content. Zin added, “With a new system, from this point on, I believe we’ll be able to make newer and more in depth games.”
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today