Famitsu publisher Kadokawa acquires Dark Souls dev From Software
Kadokawa has announced that they have acquired the Dark Souls and Armored Core developers From Software.
The deal is set to go through on May 21st with Kadokawa acquiring 80 percent of the studio's stock. From Software will become part of the Kadokawa Group.
From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin explained to Famitsu that the acquisition will allow them to operate under a new system that will allow them to expand platforms from hardware to cloud, better respond to different gaming regions both globally and locally and to coalesce content. Zin added, “With a new system, from this point on, I believe we’ll be able to make newer and more in depth games.”
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto